Author Archives: Karen Rautenberg
The WA State Poet Laureate, Claudia Castro Luna, is coming to EWHS on Friday, OCT 5, sponsored by the Edmonds Arts Commission! Here’s more info. And HERE is a story KCTS9 did about Claudia! When she finishes at EWHS, she is speaking at the very popular Write on the Sound Conference in Edmonds. Busy lady!
Come to meet her for a casual drop-in time to converse with her
about poetry, writing, or her role as our State Poet Laureate. Ms. Castro Luna, born in war-torn El Salvador, is the first immigrant and woman of color in the role. Students in the Edmonds School District are LUCKY to have a chance to meet her!
Friday, October 5th : Drop-in 2 pm – 3:30 pm. P5 and P6 Theater
The Battle of the Books is a club for people who enjoy reading, meeting other readers, eating food in the library (!), and love a bit of fun competition! We compete with other high schools in May! All you have to do is start reading the books and come to a meeting in October to fine out more!
Interested? Intrigued? Want more info?
- Sign up to receive push notifications about meetings and dates!
- Open a browser and go to THIS LINK: rmd.at/daa7f. More directions here.
- Here are the books this year! You’ll find them in the library on the wall behind the couches.
Attention Juniors! The class of 2019 has been invited to be part of the EWHS Waste Warriors to help remove garbage at this summer’s Taste of Edmonds event on August 9-13. The Waste Warriors committee is in need of student volunteers to help make the Taste of Edmonds a success, and to help raise money for the class of 2019’s graduation activities. Students working at this event can earn volunteer hours to count towards:
- IB CAS hours in either the “Service” or “Action” categories
- Presidents’ Volunteer Service Award hours
- Elective Credit for Volunteer Service
- Tri M Music Honor Society volunteer hours
- Varsity Letter in Volunteer Service from United Way of Snohomish County hours